Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What do I do on my lunch break now?

My move to Texas has left me with my prized possessions split evenly between my old home and my new (favored) one. I have learned valuable lessons in simplifying my life, and de-cluttering. 2 items that were left 'back home' are simply impossible for me to live without: my make-up case and my art cases. Very similar items when you consider they both contain forms of paint and the ability to creatively express yourself. I recently got these items back in my hands and was thrilled to be reunited! However, the first weekday after getting my art cases back, I was faced with a conundrum: what do I do with my lunch break now? The closest art supplier is about 15 minutes from my office so I would dash there almost every day, using coupons to slowly build up a new set of paints, here in Texas. I love art stores! They are so much fun and I am literally like a kid in a candy store! So now I need a new lunch-hour diversion....what's a girl to do?

Painty-paints!

The studio...which is also the library and the counseling office depending on situational needs....my dream is to one day have an entire room devoted to JUST painting....

2 comments:

  1. you should keep your paints in your trunk & drive somewhere to paint for an hour! or just set up in the parking lot & paint Tony R...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call! But this lock-out means no contact with players...wahhh. I've been thinking of begining to paint 'en plein aire'as Mrs. Tiedje taught us to call it!

    ReplyDelete