Monday, April 2, 2012

What do you say to taking chances?

So it has been quite awhile since I bloggity-blogged, but there has been so much going on in the life of this little 'ol fair-haired Texan, time has been hard to come by!

New(ish) car
New tattoo
New responsibilities at the office
New friendships
New apartment (coming June 2012;)
New, new, new!
It's amazing to see how God uses so many painful and confusing experiences to make things new again....

Isaiah 43....Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing new things!

One of my favs, Ms. Audra Mae, has a line in one of her songs that goes '...but you're too scared of getting stung to get what you want!'

A few weeks ago I let myself get a little scared of some new things...and I regret it! I closed up shop, shut the front door and kept my head down. The worst part of it all was that I robbed myself the joy of being true to myself. I am not a shy, quiet, soft-spoken person, but all of a sudden fear of the unknown and doubts about getting hurt caused me to be a watered-down mish-mash version of myself!

Being scared gets you nowhere but lost in the Land of What-If....'What-if I get hurt? What-if it ends up being a mistake? What-if I regret it later?' The Land of What-If...nobody ever considers the 'What-if its amazing? What-if it's everything I want it to be? What-if it's exactly where God wants me?"

Anyone who knows me (or even anyone who thinks they know me) knows that I love Miranda Lambert...another song lyric for all y'all: "I guess if you don't jump you'll never know if you can fly..."

If you don't stop yourself from being scared, you'll cheat yourself of so very much...

So in the spirit of spring and new things...my new attitude is to trust Him and not be scared of life...it's going to happen one way or the other, may as well enjoy every little bit of it you can!



In the world of art, I have been immensely blessed with numerous sales and quite a few commissions! Nothing makes me happier than seeing art I loved creating being placed in a loving home to be enjoyed. If only painting could be a full-time career! The Etsy shoppe http://www.etsy.com/people/ems2911?ref=si_pr is a little low, so I will be getting some new pictures and pieces up as soon as possible! I've actually been trying to 'get rid' of lots of pieces, so if you're interested shoot me an email and we can discuss negotiating prices....

No comments:

Post a Comment